Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A day Around Gatlinburg

I had a work trip to Gatlinburg. I know it's known for its cheesy tourism, but I was super shocked at the abundance of wilderness just around the block!




Here's what I recommend:

TO DO:
Grab a journal and a bathing suit and drive around the Cherokee Orchard Road. Definitely enjoy a hike to the lower plunge pool of Grotto Falls. Enjoy hiking around and looking around this cool area in late summer. Take a look at Ely's Mill and grab some local pottery.

TO EAT:
There is a bit of a lack of great food, that I was able to find, but I truly DEVOURED my meal at Wild Plum Tea Room, "derived from the mountains of Austria."
(Interested in the history of American tea rooms? Check out this article:
http://destinationtea.com/the-rise-of-the-american-tea-room-serving-womens-rights-with-a-cup-of-tea/)

My delicious lunch consisted of lobster pie, topped with puff pastry and a side of cumin enhanced coleslaw, of course I had the wild plum tea.

Warning: Not for those on a tight schedule.





No comments:

Post a Comment